Adult Pottery Classes
Please note, Fall Session II Pottery Classes will be held for 5 weeks (weeks of Oct. 23rd - Nov. 27th) as we will be using the ceramics studio space during the month of December to begin prepping for our upcoming move.
(Psst... our NEW SPACE has a fantastic ceramics studio and kiln room!)
Wheel Throwing: Beginners/Intermediate
- October 23rd - November 27th // NO CLASS November 20th
- 6:30 - 8:30pm
- $135 + $25 materials fee
Class Full! Please register on Wait List below!
Experience the magic of working on the potter’s wheel by learning the basics of centering, throwing bowls and cylinders, pulling handles, trimming and glazing to create your very own masterpieces. More advanced techniques and demos will also be offered for intermediate throwers. All pieces will be fired and glazed with dinnerware safe glazes--suitable for eating or drinking out of, or putting into the dishwasher and microwave. This is a 5-week course.
Meet the Instructor: Joy Alice Eisenhauer
Class size is limited to 5 students, so register early!
Open Access for Potters
- Oct. 25th - Nov. 29th // NO CLASS Nov. 22nd
- 6:30pm - 8:30pm
- $60 + $25 materials fee (See below for materials fee details.)
Required prerequisite for Open Access Potters: In order to enroll in Open Access: Potters you must have previously completed a pottery class at Tinker Art Studio.
Join us for Open Access: Potters, a fun studio session for artists of all levels. During this Open Access session, you have complete access to the studio and materials. Bring your own ideas for projects and a desire to create while you enjoy the community of other potters. Open Access: Potters runs for 5 weeks.
Registration for Open Access includes all Wednesday evening Open Access hours--come and go as you wish! This is an excellent opportunity to continue your artistic practice in a supportive and casual environment. Please note that Open Access does not include any instruction or instructor time. You should be a proficient working independently as potter in order to register for Open Access.
MATERIAL FEE DETAILS:
The materials fee includes one 25-lb bag of clay, glaze, and firing fees as well as use of all the tools and supplies necessary for wheel throwing.
- A minimum of 3 students must be enrolled in order for class to be held. We will notify you if your class might not run due to low enrollment.
- Payment is due in full at time of registration. The Materials Fee is a non-refundable deposit. In the event of a cancellation, tuition will be refunded up to 10 days prior to the start of class. Within 10 days of the class start date, class tuition is non-refundable.